Stoplight is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to add to the success of our rapidly growing team by providing excellent customer support and satisfaction. This customer-facing role's primary focus will be to help our users achieve success with their use of the Stoplight product.
You will work directly with our end users to help answer questions, solve problems, and ultimately help represent the voice of the customer within Stoplight. As a remote-first company, we are open to applicants from anywhere in the US.
- Provide technical support for Stoplight customers across a wide array of topics
- Communicate with customers through email and chat with occasional web conferencing
- Manage support tickets through our customer support software
- Engage with users and fellow Stoplight employees to solve critical, complex issues related to Stoplight products in a timely manner
- Deliver a great customer service experience with each customer interaction
- Assist in writing, reviewing, and maintaining Stoplight customer knowledge base articles
- Participate in a working hours on-call rotation for urgent customer issues
- Serve as the voice of the customer within Stoplight, helping to prioritize issues based on all of our customers' needs
- 1 - 3 years experience working directly with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to independently troubleshoot problems and identify workarounds
- Self-motivated with a strong learning-orientation
- Solid understanding of the modern web application stack; you are familiar with some of the following technologies: Typescript, React, GraphQL, REST, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes/Docker, nginx
- Understanding of OpenAPI and JSON Schema
- Knowledge and experience with authentication methodologies such as SAML and SSO.
Stoplight values every employee, every idea and the team we create together. We are passionate about working together to build awesome products and experiences for software developers and drive business and digital transformation for businesses. We also believe that a balanced approach to work and life in a remote world is more important than ever.
- Remote-first culture with a work-from-home stipend
- Flexible vacation policy for paid time off with unlimited sick time and 10 company holidays
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans (including an HSA with a company contribution for employees and their families) for US-based employees
- Company paid life insurance, short & long term disability
- 401k plan for US-based employees that includes 4% matching from the company
- Parental leave of 12 weeks off for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for non-primary caregivers, including adoptive and foster parents (with 100% pay)
- Wellness programs for health plan participants including access to services such as Ginger emotional support, Maven maternity care, Calm mental wellness, PlushCare virtual doctor visits, Vida virtual health coaching, and monthly ClassPass fitness credits
- Automatic enrollment in a climate-positive program run by Ecologi with 100% of monthly contributions provided by the company
- Team building activities such as cocktail-making class, team trivia competition, and more
- Employee-hosted lunch and learn sessions
- Room to grow your career
- Strong engagement in the open-source community with our offerings: Spectral, Prism, and Elements.
Our company mantra is simple. Design first. Develop better.
Stoplight is a collaborative API design platform that integrates seamlessly into existing workflows to enable all stakeholders working with APIs to be more productive.
Stoplight's design-first platform drives a collaborative API development experience. The fabric of the internet is changing with APIs. As companies increasingly rely on microservice application development, good design-first practices enabled through the Stoplight platform will minimize future costs, speed up time to market, and lead to more consistent and higher quality services. Stoplight also offers three open-source tools and a visual editor: Prism is an open-source mock server, Spectral is an open-source JSON/YAML linter, and Elements is an open-source, interactive documentation tool. Stoplight Studio is a powerful OpenAPI and JSON Visual Editor for designing and collaborating on APIs. Together, along with collaboration and API management features, these open-source tools contribute to a robust design, governance, and documentation experience in Stoplight platform.
Stoplight was founded in 2015 in Austin, TX, with employees located across the globe. We live through the fullest potential of our three core values — be an owner, build together, and practice mindfulness. Stoplight is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.