Stoplight is hiring a Senior Product Designer that can take full ownership of the end-to-end design. We are growing fast and looking to bring on exceptional team members to make an impact on how software teams build products. This person will thrive within a collaborative, ever-changing environment.
- Listen to users, learn about them, and turn your insights into fresh and innovative design solutions
- Build consensus and communicate the user experience at multiple stages of the design process with user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Validate your designs through user research, usability testing, and experimentation
- Build and define forward-thinking UX patterns included as part of a unified design system
- Partner with product managers, growth team members, and engineers to develop the right product strategy together
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in product design
- 4+ years of experience in product design
- Proven track record of shipping interaction design work in web applications
- Excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- Experience with advanced prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, InVision)
- Understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- Give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- Domain experience in design, authoring, and editing software tools
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Curious and have a willingness to learn from/teach your colleagues
- Constant curiosity to grow your skills beyond the workplace
- Love boiling complicated problems into simple solutions
Stoplight values every employee, every idea and the team we create together. We are passionate about working together to build awesome products and experiences for software developers and drive business and digital transformation for businesses. We also believe that a balanced approach to work and life in a remote world is more important than ever.
- Remote-first culture with a work-from-home stipend
- Flexible vacation policy for paid time off with unlimited sick time and 10 company holidays
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans (including an HSA with a company contribution for employees and their families) for US-based employees
- Company paid life insurance, short & long term disability
- 401k plan for US-based employees that includes 4% matching from the company
- Parental leave of 12 weeks off for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for non-primary caregivers, including adoptive and foster parents (with 100% pay)
- Wellness programs for health plan participants including access to services such as Ginger emotional support, Maven maternity care, Calm mental wellness, PlushCare virtual doctor visits, Vida virtual health coaching, and monthly ClassPass fitness credits
- Automatic enrollment in a climate-positive program run by Ecologi with 100% of monthly contributions provided by the company
- Team building activities such as cocktail-making class, team trivia competition, and more
- Employee-hosted lunch and learn sessions
- Room to grow your careerStrong engagement in the open-source community with our offerings: Spectral, Prism, and Elements
Our company mantra is simple. Design first. Develop better.
Stoplight is a collaborative API design platform that integrates seamlessly into existing workflows to enable all stakeholders working with APIs to be more productive.
Stoplight's design-first platform drives a collaborative API development experience. The fabric of the internet is changing with APIs. As companies increasingly rely on microservice application development, good design-first practices enabled through the Stoplight platform will minimize future costs, speed up time to market, and lead to more consistent and higher quality services. Stoplight also offers three open-source tools and a visual editor: Prism is an open-source mock server, Spectral is an open-source JSON/YAML linter, and Elements is an open-source, interactive documentation tool. Stoplight Studio is a powerful OpenAPI and JSON Visual Editor for designing and collaborating on APIs. Together, along with collaboration and API management features, these open-source tools contribute to a robust design, governance, and documentation experience in Stoplight platform.
Stoplight was founded in 2015 in Austin, TX, with employees located across the globe. We live through the fullest potential of our three core values — be an owner, build together, and practice mindfulness. Stoplight is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.