Stoplight is looking for a VP of Product to help us scale as we define the category of API Design. Stoplight’s platform is a blend of Open Source foundations, best-in-class UX, and developer-focused solutions. The ideal candidate will have diverse experience in these areas to deeply understand how our business and market work.
You will report to the CTO and work with senior leadership to continually refine the product vision and strategy and build a roadmap to fulfill the company vision. You will develop a strong team of product managers, designers, and tech writers, including recruiting, training, and ongoing coaching as your top priority. Cross-discipline collaboration and clear accountability are key to the strong culture at Stoplight. You will work closely with the VP of Engineering, product development leaders, and key stakeholders to build a strong product culture that fosters learning through experimentation, constant innovation, and strong execution.
- Demonstrate servant-based leadership and knowledge of leading by context rather than control.
- Strong experience managing ICs and leaders, as well as coaching on modern product discovery and product delivery techniques.
- Strong capabilities in leading and communicating quarterly and annual planning and assigning objectives to product teams.
- Proven track record over multiple years as an individual contributor product manager delivering high-value products that led to measurable growth.
- Proven ability to go deep and quickly learn new domains, as well as a solid understanding of all significant parts of the business.
- Proven engagement with individual contributors and leaders of all levels in constructive and collaborative relationships.
- Experience with API-based and/or developer-focused products
- Product strategy experience with integrating strategically critical Open Source projects
- Computer science degree or software engineering experience
- Experience scaling a VC-backed, product-led growth startup
- Strong understanding of B2B SaaS
Stoplight values every employee, every idea and the team we create together. We are passionate about working together to build awesome products and experiences for software developers and drive business and digital transformation for businesses. We also believe that a balanced approach to work and life in a remote world is more important than ever.
- Remote-first culture with a work-from-home stipend
- Flexible vacation policy for paid time off with unlimited sick time and 10 company holidays
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans (including an HSA with a company contribution for employees and their families) for US-based employees
- Company paid life insurance, short & long term disability
- 401k plan for US-based employees that includes 4% matching from the company
- Parental leave of 12 weeks off for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for non-primary caregivers, including adoptive and foster parents (with 100% pay)
- Wellness programs for health plan participants including access to services such as Ginger emotional support, Maven maternity care, Calm mental wellness, PlushCare virtual doctor visits, Vida virtual health coaching, and monthly ClassPass fitness credits
- Automatic enrollment in a climate-positive program run by Ecologi with 100% of monthly contributions provided by the company
- Team building activities such as cocktail-making class, team trivia competition, and more
- Employee-hosted lunch and learn sessions
- Room to grow your career
- Strong engagement in the open-source community with our offerings: Spectral, Prism, and Elements.
Our company mantra is simple. Design first. Develop better.
Stoplight is a collaborative API design platform that integrates seamlessly into existing workflows to enable all stakeholders working with APIs to be more productive. Stoplight's design-first platform drives a collaborative API development experience. The fabric of the internet is changing with APIs. As companies increasingly rely on microservice application development, good design-first practices enabled through the Stoplight platform will minimize future costs, speed up time to market, and lead to more consistent and higher quality services. Stoplight also offers three open-source tools and a visual editor: Prism is an open-source mock server, Spectral is an open-source JSON/YAML linter, and Elements is an open-source, interactive documentation tool. Stoplight Studio is a powerful OpenAPI and JSON Visual Editor for designing and collaborating on APIs. Together, along with collaboration and API management features, these open-source tools contribute to a robust design, governance, and documentation experience in Stoplight platform.
Stoplight was founded in 2015 in Austin, TX, with employees located across the globe. We live through the fullest potential of our three core values — be an owner, build together, and practice mindfulness. Stoplight is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.