Stoplight is expanding our engineering team with developers excited about working on a product meant for other developers. Our design-first platform is changing the way product and engineering teams build and collaborate on their microservice applications. Are you an experienced frontend software engineer looking for an opportunity to create a new, more efficient design workflow process for the world of API development?
As a remote-first company, we are open to applicants from anywhere in the US. We are not currently sponsoring employment visas.
- Design and build efficient, scalable, well tested, and easy-to-use User Experience to help developers design high quality APIs
- Use and contribute to cutting-edge open source technologies
- Drive consistent style, look & feel, and experiences that help improve our products
- Set goals and implement them
- Analyze and solve hands-on, deeply technical challenges
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience delivering responsive design User Interfaces which work across multiple devices
- Ability to work seamlessly on a software development team in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Strong attention to detail and keeping commitments
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Prior fast growth startup experience
- Prior team lead experience
- TypeScript and GraphQL
- Experience with collaborative API design process
- Open source software contributions
- Full stack development experience
Stoplight values every employee, every idea and the team we create together. We are passionate about working together to build awesome products and experiences for software developers and drive business and digital transformation for businesses. We also believe that a balanced approach to work and life in a remote world is more important than ever.
- Remote-first culture with a work-from-home stipend
- Flexible vacation policy for paid time off with unlimited sick time and 10 company holidays
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans (including an HSA with a company contribution for employees and their families) for US-based employees
- Company paid life insurance, short & long term disability
- 401k plan for US-based employees that includes 4% matching from the company
- Parental leave of 12 weeks off for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for non-primary caregivers, including adoptive and foster parents (with 100% pay)
- Wellness programs for health plan participants including access to services such as Ginger emotional support, Maven maternity care, Calm mental wellness, PlushCare virtual doctor visits, Vida virtual health coaching, and monthly ClassPass fitness credits
- Automatic enrollment in a climate-positive program run by Ecologi with 100% of monthly contributions provided by the company
- Team building activities such as cocktail-making class, team trivia competition, and more
- Employee-hosted lunch and learn sessions
- Room to grow your career
- Strong engagement in the open-source community with our offerings: Spectral, Prism, and Elements.
Our company mantra is simple. Design first. Develop better.
Stoplight is a collaborative API design platform that integrates seamlessly into existing workflows to enable all stakeholders working with APIs to be more productive.
Stoplight's design-first platform drives a collaborative API development experience. The fabric of the internet is changing with APIs. As companies increasingly rely on microservice application development, good design-first practices enabled through the Stoplight platform will minimize future costs, speed up time to market, and lead to more consistent and higher quality services. Stoplight also offers three open-source tools and a visual editor: Prism is an open-source mock server, Spectral is an open-source JSON/YAML linter, and Elements is an open-source, interactive documentation tool. Stoplight Studio is a powerful OpenAPI and JSON Visual Editor for designing and collaborating on APIs. Together, along with collaboration and API management features, these open-source tools contribute to a robust design, governance, and documentation experience in Stoplight platform.
Stoplight was founded in 2015 in Austin, TX, with employees located across the globe. We live through the fullest potential of our three core values — be an owner, build together, and practice mindfulness. Stoplight is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.